Sunday, March 13, 2011

66 Love Letters - 2 KINGS

Do Not Make Solomon's Mistake: Success is not Greatness

The Book of 2 Kings continues where 1 Kings left off: sharing the story of the royal line of King David. There is one story inparticular that gave me a lot of spiritual food for thought this week. It was the story of King Hezekiah.

His story can be found in chapters 18-20.

Isaiah confirms the King's fears, he will die from his illness. Yet, the King cries out to the Lord to live and the Lord tells Isaiah to comfort King Hezekiah with these words: you will live another fifteen years.

Good news for anyone, right? Well, it seems so at first. But, once you read the rest of the story you discover that King Hezekiah father's one of the most evil sons to reign in his place, King Manneseh.

Yep, it sure got me to thinking...

A Few Points to Ponder

  • How often do I pray diligently for something that may not be God's will for me?
  • Just because I'm raising my children in a home that loves the Lord - there is no guarantee they will follow Him.
  • Maybe, just maybe, I need to pray less for the things I want and more for His will to reign in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment