Monday, March 28, 2011

66 Love Letters - I & II Chronicles


These past few weeks have been a blur. I'm grateful for your patience. This week I decided to play catch up and include a  summary of both I and II Chronicles. It's a big chunk of Bible to chew, but I know you girls are up for a challenge!

Based on its contents, the books may be divided into four parts:
1.The beginning of 1 Chronicles (chapters 1–10) mostly contains genealogical lists, concluding with the House of Saul and Saul's rejection by God, which sets the stage for the rise of David.

2.The remainder of 1 Chronicles (chapters 11–29) is a history of David's reign.

3.The beginning of 2 Chronicles (chapters 1–9) is a history of the reign of King Solomon, son of David.

4.The remainder of 2 Chronicles (chapters 10–36) is a chronicle of the kings of Judah to the time of the Babylonian exile, concluding with the call by Cyrus the Great for the exiles to return to their land.

My favorite part of scripture is found in II Chronicles 1:7-12

That night God appeared to Solomon and said to him, “Ask for whatever you want me to give you.” 8 Solomon answered God, “You have shown great kindness to David my father and have made me king in his place. 9 Now, LORD God, let your promise to my father David be confirmed, for you have made me king over a people who are as numerous as the dust of the earth. 10 Give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may lead this people, for who is able to govern this great people of yours?”

11 God said to Solomon, “Since this is your heart’s desire and you have not asked for wealth, possessions or honor, nor for the death of your enemies, and since you have not asked for a long life but for wisdom and knowledge to govern my people over whom I have made you king, 12 therefore wisdom and knowledge will be given you. And I will also give you wealth, possessions and honor, such as no king who was before you ever had and none after you will have.”


Can you imagine? The Lord tells Solomon to ask for whatever he wants. What an offer. Do you realize God has given you the same offer?

  • Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. (Matthew 7:7)

  • If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. (John 15:7)

  • Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. (1 John 5:14)

King Solomon had a heart surrendered to God. When we take the same humble posture as Solomon and submit our life into His hands, be prepared to be used.

Whatever is on your plate today, seek the Lord first, surrender your plans for His, then ask for wisdom to accomplish whatever He brings you.

No comments:

Post a Comment